Thursday 10 October 2013

Wood Block Prints and Asian Illustration - An Antique Books GUIDE



I have recently discovered the marvel that is woodblock printing.
The book  'Poetical Greetings From The Far East' is a top notch example of such printing and so I have created this small post about it.

Contained inside an outer case, the delicate cloth paged book is a genuine gem of design.
With each page being coloured and designed individually, this book is like an artistic portfolio in one books.

The Asian revival is fast becoming apparent as so such books are set to rise in price/ value as time goes on.

For a change I will let the pictures do the talking:


















 Thanks for reading and I hope you too have learnt something, as I have, from the calm ways of Asian illustration.

Please take a look at my other posts if you find such things interesting

Any comments or sharing is always appreciated









1 comment:

  1. Books by Indian Authors
    Take a look at these 11 writers' Indian books that all fans of literature can read at least once in their lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I really appreciate it!